Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 29, 2012

This Is My Father's World

It's not every week that I have such a reaction to a song while planning worship that I feel I need to share, but I did this week.  I was looking through my CDs and accidentally ran into Amy Grant Legacy--Hymns & Faith in a different CD case.  It immediately took me back and I knew there was one song I would use this week.  This CD was in the CD changer in my car the night of the accident.  Thank you so much to my husband who knew how important it was to me and worked tirelessly to get it out.  This CD has also been one I listened to frequently when I was driving home from work as a family therapist.  In fact, I had called my work partner after a particularly rough day at work and sang one verse on her work voice mail.  After my accident, when I talked to her, she let me know she had saved it on her voice mail to listen to when she had a rough day at work.  It's a great daily reminder for all of us.  "Though the wrong seems oft so strong, God is the ruler yet."  May we all remember that every day.

When I listened to the song, a had my hands raised to Heaven and tears streaming down my face.  Here it is for you to listen to.  I hope you have an amazing worship experience of your own.

"In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome this world."--Jesus (John 16:33 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment