Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

NUCCA

What is NUCCA?  The short answer is the National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association.  It is all about getting my spinal cord back in alignment which straightens and balances my entire body.    It is only ever aligning my neck area (and I don't feel a thing).  For the real answers, check out http://www.nucca.info/.

Forget the science and technical stuff.  What does NUCCA mean to me?  It means an amazing difference to my life.  It means less back pain and fewer headaches.  Until about 2 months ago, I would have said it meant headaches are gone.  It means having my leg length checked to make sure they are the same length.  They are not before my adjustment, but they are before I leave.

I remember learning about NUCCA after the accident and initially not wanting to see another doctor or medical facility or have my body poked, prodded, or twisted.  Well, after dealing with pain long enough, I decided I would be crazy if I had heard about something that could help and did nothing about it.  So, off I went for my initial appointment.

All I remember about that appointment was getting x-rays, being explained how lining up my spine would help, how getting things straight is like keeping a bowling ball on a spring, and getting my first adjustment.  I felt nothing and have felt nothing ever since.  Dr. Matt always feels something and I guess that is all that matters.  It must work, because I remember being able to stand straight as I transferred to the vehicle after the appointment.  From that moment on, I knew it was real and I knew it worked.

Suddenly, my back pain was gone and so were my headaches that wouldn't let up until I threw up.  They went away and that kind has never come back.  My first instinct if I fall out of my wheelchair is to call Dr. Matt and get an adjustment.  I know I better keep my spine straight.  My first instinct when I had a headache I thought was going to kill me, was "call Dr. Matt."  I am convinced NUCCA works.  It has done wonders for me.

I also know I had better not plan anything too important for the rest of the day.  I feel nothing while I'm there, but obviously something happens.  My pain is greatly diminished and I can stand straight while transferring and sit straighter in my wheelchair.  I am also exhausted and thirsty.  All I want to do when I get home is sleep, sleep, sleep.  I guess it takes a little bit out of you when your body is busy working to straighten your spine.  But, it is totally worth is to live mostly pain free with no prescription medications.

Anyone out there have any great stories about their own experiences with NUCCA?

No comments:

Post a Comment