Total Pageviews

Friday, January 27, 2012

Scouting

Our family has started scouting this year. We have a Tiger Cub Scout and an Explorer in the American Heritage Girls. You would think picking a scouting organization would be simple. However, it was not. We wanted to make sure the scouting organization had the same value system we are trying to teach our children at home. Not so simple anymore. After much research, we chose Boys Scouts of America and American Heritage Girls. The only problem being our town does not have an American Heritage Girls troop. I was thrilled to discover since our closest troop is 60 miles away, our daughter can be a troop of 1 or “Trailblazer” and I can be her mentor. We’ve just started this journey, but I’m already excited about helping both kiddos meet badge requirements.

I was even more thrilled as I explored the American Heritage Girls website http://www.americanheritagegirls.com/ and discovered “American Heritage Girls first all girls’ organization to Partner with century old Boy Scouts of America”. I felt so validated that all our research had paid off. We had chosen scouting organization for our kiddos that feel their values are so similar, they have partnered.  And, next Sunday just happens to be Scout Sunday so we get to celebrate the kiddos choices and hard work with recognition at church. Don’t know quite what we’ll do, but they will at least get to wear their uniforms.

American Heritage Girls:
AHG Oath:

"I promise to love God,
Cherish my family,
Honor my country,
and Serve in my community."

AHG Mission:

"Building women of integrity through
service to God, family, community and country."

AHG Vision:
"American Heritage Girls is the premier national
character development organization for young women that
embraces Christian values and encourages family involvement."


Boys Scouts of America: 
Cub Scout Promise:

I, (your name), promise to do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
To help other people, and
To obey the Law of the Pack.

Law of the Pack:

The Cub Scout follows Akela.
The Cub Scout helps the pack go.
The pack helps the Cub Scout grow.
The Cub Scout gives goodwill.

Cub Scout Motto:

Do your best.

No comments:

Post a Comment