Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Routines keep me sane

I have decided the three-day weekend is a person with TBI's worst nightmare. I know the kiddos loved a day off from school. I, however, can’t wrap my mind around the fact that it is now Tuesday. First day of school for the week should make it Monday, right? It doesn’t help that my routines are all thrown out of whack this week. Routines are the only thing that keep me sane and my household running semi-smoothly.  Boy Scouts happens to be tonight. They are always on Monday, so again I’m really confused. I hope I don’t forget anything tonight. There is school until 3:20, tennis from 4:30-5:30, Scouts at 6. AAAUUUGGGHHH!!! Where exactly does supper fit in there? I pride myself in being able to manage to get a healthy (mostly home-cooked) meal on the table every night. That is not always easy, so it’s quite an accomplishment for me. I didn’t want to become the mom who depends on fast food drive thrus to get through the day. I have pretty much decided that is what is going to have to happen tonight. What about tomorrow with school, tennis, and church? CRAZY!!!

Who knew the craziness of life would start when my kids were in grade school? I was prepared for CRAZINESS in Jr. High/High School, but not yet. This is why they are limited to three activities at a time--Scouts, Church, and one other. It’s just nuts when the sports practice is not once a week for several weeks, but several days in a row. Oh well, next week will be back to normal routines. I only have to make it through this week without forgetting something important.  Hopefully, the kiddos won’t let me forget their activities.

This is just an example of how important routines are to my life functioning at all.  I totally depend on routines and reminders like my cell phone alarm, calendar, days of the week towels, and control journal.  Generally, these thing help life move along smoothly enough that I will get to thinking I no longer need them.  Well, the minute I stop using them I realize just how much I do need them and people in my life to help keep me on track.  This week I will definitely be depending on people and reminders like my cell phone organizer to get me through the week.  What are some other ideas you all have for keeping life running smoothly?  I'd love to hear comments.

My son is already asking when baseball starts.  Good thing I have a few months to get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment