Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 19, 2012

It's COLD Outside

Today is COLD!!! The thermostat said 25 this morning, but real feel temp was only -8 degrees. No wonder I am freezing. I hate the cold and want summer to return. I’ve even promised not to complain about 110 degree weather. J Cold is one of the things that I’ve become much more sensitive to after my TBI. I read somewhere that having a traumatic brain injury can cause cold flashes in much the same way menopausal women get hot flashes. I wonder if that means my body temperature will even itself out when I am menopausal. If that's the case . . .Bring on menopause!!!

There are days no matter how many blankets I pile on my body, I just can’t warm up. This tends to be a problem when I live with someone who sometimes can’t cool down. Today, I had something happen that has never happened before. I sometimes have leg spasms randomly or if I’ve exercised too much. Well, this morning, my leg with having spasms all the way to school and back home. I’m almost positive it was in response to the cold. BRRRRRR! I keep reminding myself it is January after all and supposed to be cold, but that doesn’t help. Come on summer!!!

Any great ideas out there for keeping myself warm and not over heating the rest of the family?

I'd love to hear from all of you.  I'm appreciating comments on my facebook page, but would love some here.  I changed my comment options a little today to hopefully make it easier for all of you.  Try it out.  Can't wait to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment