Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Time to Move?

I feel like it is time to move again.  Not to a new community, but to a new house.  I love this house and everything we've done to it.  We've worked hard to make it accessible for me and that it will meet all our needs (and some of our wants).  But, I still find myself looking at other houses around town and thinking it is time to move.

Maybe I've moved so much in my adult life, I don't know how to settle anywhere for any length of time.  Maybe as much as I don't like change, I'm not a big fan of sameness either.  Maybe I know how to rally myself into moving mode and don't always know how to manage familiarity.  Maybe my house just needs a good spring cleaning and that's the only way I really know how to do it.  Yeah, I think that's it.  If I were really honest with myself, the house needs a good spring cleaning and moving to a new home and a fresh start will get that done.

So, how do I manage spring cleaning without moving?  Maybe I should pretend we're moving and box and go through EVERYTHING!!  How do I manage cleaning an area and having it destroyed to look unclean within minutes of my family coming home?  Maybe we'll just have to wait and have a family session of pretending to move after school gets out for the summer and I have more help.

I don't really want to move.  I just want to wave a magic wand and have a spotless house.  Any ideas on how to make that happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment