Total Pageviews

Friday, February 3, 2012

Let It Snow

The past few days have been spent looking at the forecast and trying to plan accordingly.  I've heard it's always better to be proactive than reactive.  I've spent a lot of time thinking about whether watching the weather is worrying or not.  I'm thinking, NOT.  It definitely could be, if I just sat in my house and fretted about what was coming and did nothing about it.  However, since I looked at the forecast this time, I was able to plan ahead and get done what needed to get done, so I can just stay in my house for the next few hours, days, whatever needs be.

I checked the weather so I knew the storm wasn't coming until after my scheduled piano field trip, so that could happen as planned with no worries.  I checked the weather this morning and saw no snow was predicted to arrive until afternoon.  So, I was able to work out and shop without worries.  I now have groceries and other items to keep us through the storm.  There is nothing I need to leave my house for the next couple of days now (except picking the kiddos up from school).  It is time to prepare for snuggling with my family and letting the weather do whatever it wants.    I pray those travelling for work or pleasure will be safe, but I will not worry. 

"Don't fret or worry.  Instead of worrying, pray.  Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns.  Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down.  It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."  Philippians 4:6-7 (Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment