Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Never Forget

I will never forget what I was doing when I heard the news on September 11, 2001.  I lived in Ohio and worked in Pennsylvania at that time, so I was at work.  I was in supervision for my job as a family therapist and did not hear the news until we left supervision at almost noon.  My co-workers then tried to share what had happened, but living in Pennsylvania, they were most concerned about the plane that had gone down in PA.  I had no idea of the gravity of the situation until I got in the car to head to lunch.  Of course, that is all that was on the radio, so I got to hear the seriousness and the closings of businesses and schools all around us.  I was bawling before I ever left the parking lot, so I turned right back in, went inside, and told my supervisor I was taking the rest of the day off.  Within a few minutes, they had closed our office building for the day as well.  I went home, called my family. made sure everyone was fine, and watched the news.  I was expecting our first child at that point and I remember wondering what kind of world she would be entering.  I will never forget.

What were you doing on that day?
How does it impact you now?


If you like reading my posts, please consider following me.  It's an easy way to know when I've posted something new


No comments:

Post a Comment