Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 22, 2012

What Have We Done?



What have we done?  I always choose a restaurant with crab legs if given opportunity.  In fact, our first outing out to eat after the birth of our daughter was for crab legs.  That is what Eric brought in for our anniversary at the hospital and that is what I wanted for my first dinner after dismissal from the hospital.  Crab legs have been a big part of celebrations in our family.  The kiddos, however, have never wanted to eat them and are always looking for something boring and non-seafood on the menu.  We have always had them try "just a bite."   They always do and always respond with a YUCK!!!  Too bad for their taste buds, but better for our checkbook.  




Well, that is no longer the case.  Our daughter has discovered a love for crab legs.  And, really, who can blame her?  They are super delicious!!!  Looks like they'll be a part of our family celebrations for years to come.  So, what did we do?  We introduced our children to my favorite food.  And, our daughter finally developed a taste for it.  Come to think of it, I remember not loving crab legs when my parents initially would have me try them.  And, maybe I was about her age when I developed a taste for them.  So, maybe the question really is, what did my parents do?

No comments:

Post a Comment