Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Our Goal

"That's our goal: to increasingly encounter God in such a way that we are radically changed.  When we get glimpses of who he is, it changes our perspective.  Our priorities shift and our attitudes bend to reflect His nature.  His mission becomes much more relevant, His character becomes much more beautiful and His presence becomes more real.  He becomes the basis of our lives, and wisdom flows freely from such a foundation."--from NIV Once-A-Day 31 Days of Wisdom

That is definitely MY GOAL.  How do you make that happen?  Daily encounters with God are an absolute must.  We cannot think that attending church once or twice a week and not meeting with God any other day will do it.  We must spend time in prayer and in His Word DAILY.  What are some of the ways you have found to make this happen?  Time in His Word is a must for me.  Reading other devotion books is always good and makes me think, but the Bible is where I feel that God most often communicates with me.  What devotion books are a "must read"?  I would recommend Not a Fan  by Kyle Idelman and anything by Max Lucado.  http://angel-memoriesforgotten.blogspot.com/2012/02/book-review-not-fan-by-kyle-idelman.html  Those get me inspired and lead me to the Word.

 It helps that we are doing The Story in Sunday School--I not only get to study a new part of the Bible weekly--I also get conversation with other Christians.  That definitely gets my mind going.   "Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching. "  Hebrews 10:25 (NIV)

What are some of the ways you "increasingly encounter God"?  When I have a difference of opinion with someone, I'm trying to take it to God, search His Word and talk to Him in prayer.  I'm trying to let Him help me determine the correct way of looking at things and not get mad.  This is, of course, easier said than done.  I am human and full of faults, but I am trying.  Keep me accountable.  When we disagree, let's both take it to God and see what He has to say.

If you like reading my posts, please consider following me.  It's an easy way to know when I've posted something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment