Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Raising My Blood Pressure

I've been trying to avoid things that I know will raise my blood pressure, but it's not always so easy.  One thing I've noticed that raises my blood pressure is the news.  I don't watch news programs at my house, but it inevitably seems to be on at the Wellness Center while I work out.  Not that I don't want to be informed, but I can quickly read on the Internet the headlines and what I need to know.  I don't need to watch people argue and complain about how bad things are for hours at a time.  How does that help me make informed decisions about my life?  Well, that got me thinking about what else out there is stressful or raises my blood pressure.  What raises your blood pressure?  Here's my list:


  • News programs
  • Feeling "stuck" in my house
  • Having to try to remember things 
  • Schedule changes
  • Changes in general
  • Extra-hyper family members
  • Clutter
  • No time for naps/relaxing
What works to help lower blood pressure back to normal?

  • Naps
  • Massage
  • Time to myself
  • Reading
  • Sunny weather
  • Soothing instrumental music
What other relaxation techniques should I be trying out?

"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things."  Philippians 4:8 (NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment