Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Making Good Decisions

A wise friend told me recently that you shouldn't make decisions when emotional.  The decision making process should include allowing yourself time to unemotionally look at the situation, pray about it, and make the right decision God has for your life.  This has been a summer of events that have led to me needing to take time, slow down, trust God to help me make the right decision, and then making decisions.  This is increasingly difficult for someone with a traumatic brain injury.  I have learned that the rational part of my brain tends to shut down when faced with an emotional situation.  Fortunately, I have learned that in the past, so I have also learned not to make snap decisions and give myself a day or two to calm down and pray about it.  This latest decision has taken longer than a couple of days, but I think we're on the upswing.  The bad news for all of you is that with my traumatic brain injury when I have a emotional situation to deal with, I only barely have enough brain power to get through the necessary items each day.  There is no brain power left for thinking about blog posts.  Hopefully I am on the upswing and there will be more posts here.  No promises, but we'll see.

"Worry retards reaction and makes clear-cut decisions impossible."
                                                             --Amelia Earhart

1 comment:

  1. FYI--if you have a TBI you just might react to the emotions around you. I know I do. I've learned to wait until the emotional current around me calms down a bit before making any life changing decisions.

    ReplyDelete